Do you like traveling and meeting new people? Are you looking for a new career that combines working and traveling? Are you passionate about cooking? ANQOR is looking for you! Get paid for doing what you love, get loads of perks and benefits, learn something new and make a career for life. We create memories that the guest will never forget
• Continually ensures proper product execution in the assigned section through control of mise in place during the preparation and frequent tasting.
• Always drives consistency by focusing on recipe accuracy, adequate production quantities, correct execution methods, and presentation of dishes through completion of the cruise
• Successfully supervises production schedule and Galley manning by section, coordinating with appropriate Sous Chefs and department heads; always rearranges working and production schedules to reflect fluctuations in guest demand.
• Always actively contributes to the formulation and implementation of Food and Beverage improvement strategies as directed by the Executive Chef / Food and Beverage Director.
• Effectively supervises the assigned Galley staff, during operational activities as directed by the Executive Chef or his / her representative, including monitoring compliance with production and storage requirements such as temperature / blast-chiller log recording.
• Conducts daily briefings with assigned staff as directed by the Executive Chef and ensures that 1st Cooks conduct their station briefings
• Observes each crewmember’s performance using his or her role description as a guide and delivers prompt and appropriate correction, improvement, or reinforcement. Coaches and develops skilled, engaged team members.
• Controls production levels of assigned galley operations based on fluctuating guest demand; always informs the Executive Chef of changes in production and demand/consumption patterns
• Possess a formal qualification in culinary arts from a recognized culinary training institution
• Minimum of two years of experience in large volume hotel or food service operations preferably with cruise ship experience of which at least two years of experience was as Chef de Partie or equivalent rank
• Must be able to adjust production methods/production as necessary to maximize cost-effectiveness
• Must be able to train a multicultural staff
• Ability to manage a large volume production schedule and team